[TCML] Single MOT Tesla Coil Power Supply

Hi,

I want to build a tabletop, 31/2 inch secondary coil using a single MOT. Does anyone know how to up the voltage to a reasonable level for a spark gap to work efficiently; a schematic for this would be helpfull? I was thinking about a multiplier circuit, but I am unsure of how that works in a Tesla coil and also if I use a multiplier, does this effect the value of the required tank capacitor?

Thanks in advance.

Paul M.