From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Paul McGlen
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:25 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Current control

Hi ,

Another question for the knowledgeable out there.

I am building a 10-inch coil driven with a distribution transformer. I
plan to use two 45 Amp variacs, one to control the voltage and the other
to control the current. Am I correct in thinking that to control the
current I take a feed in from the output of the variac controlling the
voltage and feef it into one end of the winding of the current variac
and the wiper woul still be my output?
If not can anyone give me a schematic showing the correct way. Also is
there any benifit in putting a large inductor in line withe the variac
that controls the current ( I do realise that this would be two
inductors in series), but could I use the fixed one as a limiter?

Paul M.