RE: [TCML] Trouble with eBay wire

I can't advise you about how to resolve an eBay dispute.

However, is your secondary REALLY 4.00" in diameter?  Thin-wall 4" SDR PVC pipe is in fact 4.25" OD.  If you closely wound #24 wire on this, 1000 feet of wire would give you only about 18.7 inches of winding length.  Could be that you just cut it too close.

Realize that very few Tesla coil rules are cast in stone.  It's unlikely that a 17.5" long secondary, once tuned, will behave significantly differently than a 20".

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA