Re: [TCML] LTR/STR and spark length

Neal,
     Never use a dimmer with anything coil related, it will not work
properly.  Many of us have been down this road, it never ends well.
Either buy a variac, or in this circumstance I would suggest that you
just build a baffle like Bart said.  It can be as simple as a piece of
cardboard taped to the back or your fan covering it partly.  Best of luck!

Scott Bogard.