Re: [TCML] racing arcs

Yes, overcoupling commonly causes racing sparks, as does too large a bang size. What is your capacitor value, tank voltage and secondary size?

Henry

Neal Namowicz wrote:
Hi everyone, Just a quick question this time. Is coupling (i.e. "over-coupling") one of the most likely causes of racing arcs on the secondary? Given that this is one of the few variables that I've never changed, this is what I'm thinking. But I'd like a second (or third, or fourth :) opinion before I go through the trouble of raising the secondary. Thanks,

Neal.