Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 8:14 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] On grounding, secondary base, and baffle gluing.

I've never used internal baffles either. I don't know, maybe I'm lucky? I believe that most folks also do not use them.

Creepage disks on the outside of the secondary are an attempt to permit higher values of coupling to be used before racing sparks occur. They may achieve that, but I'm not sure that this has been shown to guarantee better performance. And, they make one's secondary a whole lot more fragile, albeit cooler looking.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA