Re: [TCML] Need a NY based electrical expert.

I don't get you guys:
A person writes the list asking for the use of a Tesla-coil in their local area. For whatever reason, there's no coil in the area, or no one responds, or no one volunteers a coil, so the person asking for help cluelessly buys what's on the market.

Then, the person asks for someone to help put the thing together...
Hmmm...who would likely be the most knowledgeable person to get help from? An EE?? No way! Let's get someone with a Ph.D in 14th Century Florentine funerary urns!

The person's just asking for help. This is the same as a person asking, "Can I use aluminum wire to wind my secondary?" And everyone replying, "Aluminum bites!" or "Yeah, aluminum. Heh. Right". Yay, sarcasm. *Not* helpful.

At least an EE would know who to ask (maybe this list???) or where to do the research.

I'm a little embarrassed that someone (Zoe Couacaud, a non-tech woman, I presume) asked the list for help and got this attitude.

(What you're all saying is probably true, but this type of response would have me abandoning this resource, which would be bad, if I was in Zoe's situation)

Dan K.

David Rieben wrote:
That's like letting someone with a masters in mechanical
engineering, who's never held a socket wrench,  ATTEMPT
to rebuild the transmission of the family car. Good luck!!

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "DC Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Need a NY based electrical expert.

Someone with a masters in EE that has never built a coil before is going to
build a kit in 6 hrs?

heh heh heh    should have saved this one for April 1st.

Dr. Resonance