Re: [TCML] 5" Sparks - Approx 35 watts input power: Tesla was correct!

Peter, Jeff,

I agree with what Peter says below.  Also I don't understand why  anyone
would consider it difficult to produce a 6" spark using 35 watts even  for a
normal
type of tesla coil (non-kicker type).  Using my formula:

  spark length inches = 1.7* sqrt input watts (wallplug)

gives a result of 10" for 35 watts.  However small coils seem to give  shorter
sparks than the formula suggests, so perhaps the spark would be about
6" or 7" long.

Cheers,
John