RE: [TCML] DC base driven coil

If I remember correctly, the base of the secondary connected directly to the HV-side of the DC-charged cap. There was not a separate isolation cap.  The capacitance of the cap was so large relative to Fo that it had no impact on the tuning of the coil.  AC-wise, the cap looked like a short circuit.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA