Re: [TCML] DC base driven coil

In a message dated 3/12/2008 4:56:05 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

If I  remember correctly, the base of the secondary connected directly to the
 HV-side of the DC-charged cap. There was not a separate isolation cap.   The
capacitance of the cap was so large relative to Fo that it had no impact  on
the tuning of the coil.  AC-wise, the cap looked like a short  circuit.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Gary,

Yes that makes sense.  I think you're correct.  No need for two  types of
caps.  The cap handled both isolation and DC energy storage.

John