RE: [TCML] BPS Testing

Hi John,

> Gary, when you depotted the NST, did you disassemble the
> core and slide the straight core off of the laminated frame?
> Or did you leave the core intact and just soak it to clean it?

I'm sure that I completely removed the core from the windings when I depotted it.  But I have very little recollection of the core geometry.  I'm still kicking myself for not taking photos, but that was before I got my first digital camera.  I don't recall having any trouble getting the core tightly reassembled, so the laminations (with integral shunts) may have been riveted or welded together into two separable assemblies.  It sounds like your laminations were individually loose?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA