From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of S&JY
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 6:53 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Cc: m.bailey@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [TCML] Transformer cores

Mike,

I too have a 6 MOT, 3 transformer oil filled ammo can power supply.  Just a
note of caution and amazement:  If you use regular three conductor stranded
wire power cord to go below the oil to connect to the primaries, you may
find as I did that the oil wicks it way through many feet of power cord and
can make a mess at the other end of it!  Best to use solid enamel insulated
wire for the part that is immersed in oil.

--Steve Y.