everything to make it more compact, and then create a new primary and
secondary that is optimized for the NST I have.

So I find myself with 3 questions:

#1- What is an optimum design for a static spark gap?  Copper pipes?
Brass knobs?  titanium electrodes?
#2- For my equipment, either What would my optimum primary layout be,
or how would I calculate this?
#3- Based on the primary design what would my optimum secondary be or
how do I calculate this?

Thank you for any assistance
Mike H.
Farmington, MN

Details on what I have to work with:

Some pictures of the components Here:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/tcw_fort/TeslaCoil/

Video of the first fire last fall.
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/tcw_fort/TeslaCoil/?action=view&current=TeslaCoilTests.flv

Transformer is:
Franceformer 12030P
120v NST 12000v 30mA, 360VA

I am using a NST filter based on the Terry Filter design:
14 MOVS
12 CAPS 1.6KvDC
2 1kohm 100W resistors
Dual Safety Gaps

My Spark Gap
Brass Cabinet Knob for Spark Gap - Microwave Fan

Primary Coil
1/4 Copper Soft Tube
14.25" diameter coil
1" spacing from Secondary
13 turns

Secondary Coil
Unknown turns
16" of turns
19" Total Height

Top Load
Aluminum tape covered toroid made from MDF and 4" Aluminum duct