Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] 555 timer

Plug the timer into an 8 pin DIP IC socket, and avoid trying to solder
directly to the 555 pins themselves. The 8 pin DIP socket has longer leads
and makes soldering easy.

Dr. Resonance

On 3/18/08, Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Guys,
    This is off topic I know, so please respond off list.  I ordered a
555 timer for a small electronics project, and when it came it is
extremely tiny.  Less than a half a centimeter at it's widest point.  I
seem to remember seeing these in Radio Shack (back when they still sold
components) and they were bigger, about a centimeter long, is there some
reason mine is tiny.  I only care because it is going to be very
difficult to solder and mount to anything.  Thanks guys.

Scott Bogard.