Re: [TCML] Secondary and Primary Assistance

In a message dated 3/22/08 3:53:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

>I don't know at what voltage a Megger (Meager?) operates, but  probably the
closer to actual TC
>voltages, the better.

The *typical* Megohmmeter for industrial  use puts out either 500V or 1000V
(DC). There are other insulation  testers for other purposes that put out AC,
low-frequency AC, DC, or pulses, and  of course the sky's the limit on voltages
or energy deliverable!
    I agree with Gary that the best thing to test with  for our purposes is a
Tesla coil.

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

Home.