Re: [TCML] Secondary and Primary Assistance

I just picked up one of these.
http://www.megger.com/us/products/ProductDetails.php?ID=800
From Newark it was around 500 dollars.
It will measure up to 200 gig ohm. It does all sort of other measurements too. One version has blue tooth. It has different voltages up to 1000 volts for measuring the higher resistances. It actually goes over 1100 volts. I get funny looks from people when I draw a small arcs between the tips of the "Ohm Meter" . :-)
I use mine all the time.  It is pretty nice.

I could check a piece of that form material on Monday. I have some of the Home Depot brand concrete tube. It is yellow with black writing.

Jeff

DC Cox wrote:
A megger is a high voltage (1-5 kV) device that indicates resistance in the
range of 5 to 1,000 megOhms.  Commonly used to check for phase to phase
insulation in large electric motors, Also for checking grounds to an earth
reference.  Standard fare for an industrial electrician which I was in 1961
- 1966 era.

Old fashion units were hand-crank generator type.  New ones are solid state
using IGBTs or MOSFET oscillators to drive a small HV xmfr.

Dr. Resonance