Re: [TCML] first coil help

Actually, hit the hardware store. Precut tubing 1.25" in diameter about 3" long. Nice edge, perfect, and ready to go (no cutting required). I also would use pipes rather than bolts simply due to better thermal dissipation. But Scott is correct that 2 bolt types can work ok (not wonderful, but ok). Your better off however with something in the neighborhood of 1" diameter pipes with a good fan (my opinion).

Take care,
Bart

Jim Lux wrote:
If you use the "wheel" type cutter (as opposed to a hacksaw), you'll even get a nicely turned in edge on the pipe, making it a better electrode.