Re: [TCML] AC Power Line Conditioner

Use a 10 Amp or 20 Amp Corcom line filter before the variac.  It also helps
a lot to drop in a pair of RF "hash" chokes between the filter and variac.
They catch the nasty spikes and the filter does the rest.  Available surplus
cheap from Fair Radio Supply Co, Lima, OH, or C&H Surplus in Pasadena, CA.
I usually also drop in a pair of 150 volt varisters before the RF line
filter.

This a "good citizen" thing to do as it causes less interference in your
neighborhood.  A happy neighborhood makes a happy coiler.

Dr. Resonance