RE: [TCML] confusion with measurements

Ten ohms

Googled this:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=10R+resistor+value

Got this:

http://www.lalena.com/Audio/Electronics/Color/

Naming Convention
To simplify the writing of large resistor values, the abbreviations K and M
are used for one thousand and one million. To keep the convention standard,
R is used to represent 0. Because of problems in seeing the decimal point in
some printed texts, the 3 letters: K M or R are used in place of the decimal
point. Thus, a 2,700 Ohm resistor is written 2K7 and a 6.8 Ohm resistor is
written 6R8.

Dave

Checked by AVG.
10:58 AM