Re: [TCML] Coiling direction - any influence?

No effect on a conventional "single-ended" Tesla coil.

In a twin system you can either wind the secondaries in opposite directions and use identical primaries in series, or wind the secondaries in the same direction and just switch the wires on one of the primaries.

A bipolar coil (one long, usually horizontal secondary with the primary in the middle) should have both halves of the secondary wound in the same direction.

Henry

Ryckmans, Thomas wrote:
A naïve question - has the coiling direction of the primary with respect to the secondary any impact on performance? I think I found a reference somewhere saying it had, but most searches say it has not...
Many thanks - Thomas

Chiral tesla coils - just what we needed to simplify things!