RE: [TCML] nst

The below assumes that the original metal case isn't suitable for reuse.  I would suggest trying to reuse the original case, as you're unlikely to find a better fit in Tupperware or anything else.  And the original case allows you to use the original HV insulators.  While the metal case may not be oil-tight, I was able to repot my NST in melted Vaseline jelly, which doesn't leak once jelled.

The lid of my NST case was just screwed to the lower portion of the case; removing it exposed the asphalt-filled interior.  If the lid of your NST doesn't come off so easily, this may not be applicable. Paint thinner also works for post-melting cleanup.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA