Re: [TCML] TRUE TC LEAK DETECTOR?

Just because the case is painted different does not mean the guts have changed. The earlier cases were black and now they are red."

That was intended as a joke of course. I have detailed photos of the device and it appears to match the new description exactly. My friend who owned it even found a place on the Ecco web page which offers spare parts for the thing and they are identical to the innards of the one he has! Seems like the idea is still good after at least 70 years, which shouldn't suprise anyone on this list. One thing of interest is that the whole secondary of the power transformer is floating [no ground to case or anything else] at least with Walt's unit.

Ed