Re: [TCML] New Double Toroid idea works!

Phil,

Nice experiment!  It would be interesting to try decreasing the size  of the
transmission line to see when or if breakout from the line occurs.   Also,
making the transmission line longer would be a good test.

As an aside here....
Folks used to talk about getting sparks that are 10 times as long as
the extra coil in a magnifier, etc.  By putting a tiny one turn coil  (extra
coil)
below the final toroid, you will have created a "magnifier" of sorts (ho  ho),
and if the extra coil is 1/8" long, then you can get sparks that  are ~150
times longer
than the extra coil, etc.  You can see why I never thought much of  that
method of judging a magnifier's performance.  But as a fun thing  it would
let you claim the record for a magnifier's performance based on that  metric
anyhow.

Cheers,
John

>In a message dated 5/9/2008 8:14:10 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

secondary. I had a spare "ugly" 8" x 36", so I located it at the   same
height, but
> 70" away (center-to-center, so 34" edge-to-edge). I  put the  "extra"
toroid on
> a piece of 8" PVC pipe. I connected  the two with a piece of 4"  OD
aluminum
> flexduct.
>   Despite the much smaller radius of curvature, at no  time  did any
> streamers come from the 4"  flexduct.

favorites at AOL Food.