Re: [TCML] For the SISG experienced out there

Hi Bart,

Very cool about the smaller cheaper IGBTS!!!

I used the most giant ones I could get since we just did not know... But those giant IGBTs seem to run "too" cool 8-) I think smaller ones running hotter and maybe with a fan will do great.

I paid $8 for them way back, but now they are like $30!! (and that is before the new postal rates)! So getting the price of the IGBT thing down is really important.

Best Regards,

   Terry

bartb wrote:

The IGBT's I'm using are not the original robust components Terry Fritz found. I'm using the ones mentioned a few weeks ago (decent specs but smaller die area which means heat is a concern). However, I populated 6 boards at about $100, so if they fail, it's not like I'll commit suicide. I'll just chalk it up to experience and continue on. If they do work fine, well, we then have a low priced IGBT readily available.