RE: [TCML] STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY

There is an internal discharge resistor of 10 Megs or so.

The two terminals are the two poles of the cap, there is no electrical
connection to the case.

Whenever I kit-bash a Microwave Oven, I always wind a couple inches of 22
gauge hookup wire across the terminals to prevent static buildup and any
later nasty surprises.  Is there a chance that you did this and your friend
didn't notice?

Finally, how is your friend measuring the short? DC or AC. Stupid question I
know but it has to be asked...

Dave

Checked by AVG.
9:31 AM