Re: [TCML] PFC Question (again)

I can't answer the original question here but want to pose one of my own which I've asked before without any real answer. How can ANY program determine the "correct PFC" value? With a low-reactance transformer and capacitive load I would think the power factor at the primary terminals would already be leading and added shunt capacitance would only increase the line current. It's pretty obvious that when a high-reactance transformer like an NST or OBIT is connected to a resistive load the input PF will be lagging and shunt capacitance can reduce line current but beyond that how can any generalities apply?????

How much of useage of power-factor correction is factual and how much is urban myth?

Ed