Re: [TCML] Javammc question.

In a message dated 5/21/08 9:33:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
teslatech@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Guys

I was looking at javammc tonight and placed in my cap value. I'm  using the
CD942C series 0.15uF capacitors
and loading the defaults. My  coil is a 12,000 volt 60 ma with an RQSG. I'm
running with two strings of  16 caps.
Javammc recommends two strings of 15 for a value of  0.02 uF.  I am not that
great at math (shame on me) can
someone help me figure  out the value of my MMC using the two strings of 16?
Also is it terrible to  use two strings of 16 instead of the recommended 15?

Thanks for your  time

Vinnie

Hi Vinnie,

If your caps are all the same, then it's easy.

C= Value of one cap * number of strings / number of caps per string
In your case:

0.15 * 2 / 16 = 0.01875 uF instead of 0.0200 as recommended. You'll be
running a little closer to resonant value, but just keep your safety gap  properly
adjusted and all will be well, although your energy throughput may  be a few
percent lower.

Matt D.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.