Re: [TCML] winding direction

True for an iron core transformer. Not so much for a TC. To compare, you really need two identical secondaries wound in opposite directions and compare. I seem to remember someone on the list did this years ago and found no difference. I would bet that most secondary and primary winding directions are dictated by the coiler (is he/she left or right handed).

I am right handed. I wind coils on a motor drive with secondary horizontal. I wind left to right with the wire guided over the top. Can you guess my sec winding direction? My primaries are flat and wound clockwise looking down on them.

Well, in the end, both coils are opposing and they still works great!

Take care,
Bart"

These discussions remind me of the old joke where the customer confuses the inexperienced waitress by ordering eggs fried "one on one side and one on the other".

Ed