RE: [TCML] Wire Gauge

-----Original Message-----

An easy way to remember the wire gauge stuff is as follows:

AWG 10 is about 0.1 inch in diameter, and 1 milliohm per foot.

Every 3 gauges is twice/half the cross section, so the resistance halves/doubles.

Every 10 gauges is ten times/a tenth of the cross section, etc.
AWG 20 is 0.01 ohm/foot

Every 6 gauges is twice/half the diameter
Every 20 gauges is 10 times/a tenth the diameter (so AWG30 is about 0.01" in diameter, and 0.1 ohm/foot)