Re: [TCML] Diesel for transformer oil?

Hi Aaron, all,

Hmm, I seem to recall picking up a 5 gallon pail of the
Shell Diala from my local oil supplier a few years back,
when gas was still hovering around $1.50/gallon, for $29
and some change, including sales tax. I was hoping that
the cost may have come back down a bit with the cost
of most the other petroleum products beginning to come
back down.

SF6 would be neat, but as you mentioned, is quite expen-
sive and would require a truly air-tight tank. When I was
at Ed Wingate's Teslathon in August, he had a video tape
of a Jay Leno episode where this guy brought in some of
that SF6 gas for show and tell. They were demonstrating
how incredibly dense it was for a gas by making little "boats"
from aluminum foil and floating them in a fish tank filled with
the gas. Since it is inert and completely non-toxic (so long as
it is not inhaled to the exclusion of life sustaining oxygen), they
were inhaling a bit of it and then speaking a phrase or two.
It gave their oice the opposite effect of helium and spoke
in a very deep baritone voice. Also, they engaged a stun
gun to sparking and when it was inserted into the SF6, it
immediately stopped sparking as the dielectric gas completely
insulated the pins from arcing to each other. All in all, it was
both informative and entertaining to watch.

I may opt for Greg Hunter's idea of the farm tractor hydraulic
fluid from Sam's.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes6502@xxxxxxxxx>