Re: [TCML] Resources

Hey Carey...

I just happen to have about 10 lbs of #24 ( spool included in weight) that I might be interested in letting go for a reasonable price + shipping. ( 7.50$ a lb? still cheaper than Rib eye steak, and will last longer too, wont turn to poop in 16 hrs.)

doing a quick javatc run on the wire weight shows approximately 7700 feet weighs in at 9.5 or so lbs, considering that the spool probably weighs about 1/2 - 3/4 lbs ( even if that much cuz its plastic) Im going to say there is about 7400 - 7600 feet of wire left on the spool.

Let me know if you are interested....

Scot D

Carey T. Waldrop wrote:

Anyone have resource ideas for enameled copper winding wire?
Just went to my local electronic parts store and was shocked to find
Cu is way up @ $133/100yds of 24AWG. After reading about oil insul$
this hobby is already getting expensive. I guess the times of making
this stuff out of practically scrap are gone. I was fortunate along the way
to collect a neon transformer and other key parts.
CareyW