Re: [TCML] small ionizing source on top of toroid

I remember reading once that it is thought that natural lightning can
achieve such huge 'spark lengths' at relativley low voltages because of
avalanche break down from (ionizing) cosmic rays. Does any one know what
sort of energies/radiation intensities would be required to actually cause
runaway break down on the tesla coil level? I dont think americium would be
too effective because it emmits alpha particles (I think), which cant go
more than a few cm in air.

Cheers,
Jesse