Re: [TCML] micro tesla coil

Unfortunately the output must be AC, so a multiplier will not work. I though about a regular unrectified flyback circuit but I'm pretty sure driving a flyback that hard will kill it in short order. Thanks anyhow.

Scott Bogard.

Weinhold Shannon L wrote:
At that voltage level it might be easier and cheaper to go with a
Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier coupled to an ignition coil, nst, or
flyback transformer. It would only require a few stages to get to that voltage level. 4 hv caps and 4 hv diodes. should be fairly cheap.
Shannon Weinhold
Department of Corrections
Coffee Creek Correctional Facility
Behavioral Health Services
Mental Health Infirmary
503.570.6761

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling or facts are transmission errors.