Re: [TCML] Tesla's spinning egg of Columbus

Hi Jim,

I just scrapped a 20A variac that had a few windings burnt off. Might be perfect for it, and I still have the core.

David E Weiss

Very cool. Has anyone wound one of these on a big variac core like a 1256d. Perhaps you could share the specifics if you have. I like the simplicity of
using a clear plate. I have a motor controller that can make 3 phase 240
from single phase 240 at about 2.2KW would this be enough to energize the
core with this configuration? Where to find a core is the next problem. I
have three flawless, complete 1256D's that are not going to be stripped!

Thanks,
Jim Mora