Re: [TCML] 1KVA Pole Pigs?

If it is not in a tank of oil and potted in epoxy, then it's probably a
potential transformer (commonly called a PT).  I've seen oil filled pole
xmfrs rated at 3 kVA but never heard of a 1 or 1.5.

You definitely need a protective filter on the HV side of these (and pole)
xmfrs.  Lack of this filter is probably why your one xmfr failed.

Most PTs rated 1.5 kVA can be run in the 3-4 kVA range, but always use a
protect filter, never run them bare.

Regards,

Dr. Resonance