Re: [TCML] Life Magazine historic photo archive

Hi Conor and all,

That's a great site!

Last week, a local physicist/friend discovered pictures of a German HV lab that housed a 2.4 MV Marx-powered pulsed electron beam - called a "Capacitron". The HV lab pictures look like they're right out of a Frankenstein movie set. This lab (at AEG) created the earliest known electron-beam-induced Lichtenberg Figure inside clear plastic. There's also a great shot of the electron beam as it exits the accelerator, creating a long, almost flame-like "tail" of ionized gas. Check out:

http://images.google.com/images?q=capacitron&q=source%3Alife

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured

ConorPerry@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is a pretty cool site for good quality old pictures.  There's a
search engine to find pictures specific to what you're looking for.

Try typical things that we all love: Tesla, Generator, Voltage,
Control Room, Lightning, Steam, Turbine