Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Gareth is right about gaining people's respect, but it is the  experience of
seeing for the first time the air being ripped apart and made  luminous with
thousands of noisy branching streamers right in front of them that  they will
remember far longer. I routinely show my 8" coil, which is located  right
behind the art gallery, to crowds of people each month on the First Friday  Art
Trail. I get the biggest kick out of watching people's faces as they watch  the
coil for the first time. It's so unusual and so frighteningly  beautiful to
most people that it is something that they will NEVER forget.  I know the moment
that I push the button, a memory will be created in each  person's mind that
will last a lifetime, and that's kinda cool!

But it's the kids that will possibly be affected the most. I like to think
that it can "spark" something in their minds that may influence them to pursue
physics or science, instead of fame or stardom. And that's really  cool!

Tony Greer

In a message dated 11/27/2008 6:05:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,