Re: [TCML] rotary gap disk

Hey Jay...

Best material so far is known as G-10 phenolic ( found primarily at McMaster-Carr). Depending upon your electrode diameter, the thickness of the disc can vary anywhere from 1/4" up to 1/2" ( the bigger/heavier the electrode the thicker the disc). Machining G-10 is not what one would call easy, good tungsten carbide drillbits and T.C. ( tungsten carbide not Tesla Coil ;) ) cutting tools are pretty much required to cut the stuff. And BTW it stinks when you cut it....

Scot D

jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey, I am making a sync rotary gap and I was wondering what material should be used for the disk? I was thinking acrylic but wasnt sure if it was too brittle to machine with my limited skills. any ideas?

thanks,
Jay Howson