Fwd: [TCML] SISG PSU problem

Forwarding to TCML.
http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/Charge-1.jpg
http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/temp/Charge-2.jpg

piranha wrote:
Hi Bart and Herwig,

I enclosed the model and charging waveforms for the Piranha. I would have just uploaded them to Hot-Streamer but... :)

In the top graph, ignore the long oscillation when the diodes stop conducting. That is a modeling error. However there are some pretty high speed voltage spikes on the output that might have caused Herwig's medical transformer to fail. the current never goes about 1 amp and there is nothing special there.

The second graph shows the voltage on the capacitors and the third graph is the total capacitor voltage. It is wild because the capacitor voltage levels bounce around depending on the voltage when the coil fires and where the voltages end up after firing.

Maybe this helps or just makes it more confusing :D Feel free to pass this onto the list too but I wanted to get you the attached files.

Best Regards,

   Terry