RE: [TCML] TC Newbie

I'm not sure that a length of wire, regardless of thickness, is the best choice for a counterpoise.  Think of the counterpoise as one plate of a capacitor, the other being the earth.  A skinny wire paired with the earth will have very little capacitance.  A better choice would be a length of aluminum foil unrolled across the floor, or a piece of chicken wire (wire mesh).

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA