Re: [TCML] Is it really important to dry the PVC pipe?

I usually buy new PVC pipe so it is fairly clean and has been kept inside at Home Depot or Lowe's.  I use Acetone to wipe off the blue ink on the outside.  Not sure the ink would be a problem I just want my coils to be all white with no blue ink writing on the sides.  I never dry my PVC I have read some people dry it in the oven but I never do.  I wind my coil on the lathe then paint it with polyurethane after the poly dries I paint it 1 more time.  Thats about it they all work fine.  I think the oil on my hands from touching the PVC pipe is worse than moisture so I ware gloves and the Acetone is good to wipe away the skin oil.

Gary Weaver