From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Nelson
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:30 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Strike rail hits and loud bangs

Is there a chance that the loud bang is a spark between bottom of the
secondary and the inner turn of the primary? Overcoupling. I had this
and I
removed half a turn from the inside of the primary and re-routed the
wiring
(down and out) to fix the problem. I kind of feel that performance went
down
slightly, but no more loud, annoying and scary bangs.

Dave Nelson