From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:21 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tube coils structure

Hi John,

I now only have a single 833(C) and a single 833(A).
I have temporarily lashed the 833A in parallel with the
833C (you know I'm gonna use the C tube if I have a
choice ;^) just to see how well the extra tube would
share the load. It does indeed "spread the load". I am
assuming that a "push-pull" setup means the tubes are
wired in series rather than parallel?

--
David Rieben

From: futuret@xxxxxxx

Jim,

I built a tube coil that gave 36" sparks and used (4) 833A tubes.
It drew about 5600 watts or so without staccato. Actually
I got the spark up to about 40" one time, but that's when
a large tube arc occured and damaged a tube. I used a 5kVA
pole pig to power the coil. This VTTC was not push-pull,
but had all the tubes in parallel. I never tried the single large
tube concept for comparison, so I can't comment on that.

http://futuret.110mb.com

John