From: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
Sent: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:31 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] SISG success

Terry, Jim, Bert, Bart, all

I had a look at the new ones, and stumbeled on 2 specifications that I just cannot get to make sence together. To me they are contradictory, and perhaps the best reason why it`s not _me_ that is going to call Littlefuse.

On this datasheet:
http://www.littelfuse.com/part/P3100AD.html ;
which describes a possible substitute to the old ones, there are 2 voltages described:

Vdrm1 voltage 275V
"Peak Off-state Voltage
Maximum voltage that can be applied while maintaining off state."

Then there is:

Vs@Vdrm1 voltage 350V
"Switching Voltage
Maximum voltage prior to switching to on state."

The way I read it, both voltages describe the voltage which determines the point where the device turns on.
How can thay be so different?

Cheers, Finn Hammer

piranha skrev:
Hi,

The 300V K3000F1 SIDACs are no longer available from=2
0Littlefuse. > However they are directly replaced now by their new product lines for > such things. They also now have much higher voltages and such > available. Somebody needs to call Littlefuse's engineering reps up > and get all of that figured out. "I" don't have time, but there are > much newer and better SIDACs now that need to be looked into!

Best Regards,

Terry