Re: [TCML] SISG success

In a message dated 10/16/08 9:24:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Given your using a large quantity of boards, is it possible that  timing
>regarding Sidac switching becomes more of an issue with more  boards in
>series? Maybe higher voltage systems are more prone to  breakdown? In
>other words, given say 20kV across the string of boards,  if one board
>switches first, does this put the others at risk? The  20kV is then felt
>across the remaining boards (up until all the gates  take over).

    What's the max voltage rating of the SIDACs? I  thought by nature they
have a very short switch on time.

    I always thought it funny that they pack the  bi-directional TVS's in
static-proof bags with "Caution: Static sensitive!"  labels. What are they, lazy
until you solder them in? ;)

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities