Re: [TCML] Proper VTTC Coupling? (coil specs)

John
That sounds good. I have used magnet wire primaries up to 2kv on small 811A VTTCs and didn't have any problems.

Litz wire is a generic name for a technique to allow bundled wire to carry higher frequency currents with lower losses. This is one of those situations that you need a chart that uses number of strands and strand awg to check on frequency and current.
Check this site for a quick idea:    http://www.wiretron.com/litz.html

John W. G.

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science