Re: [TCML] MOTS

I use 2 small laminated core reactors to run each MOT at 16 Amps on the pri
of each.  This gives 32 Amps total if you use separate 120 VAC circuits.
This way, you can run your
coil almost anywhere because 220 V is not required.  This provides 3.8 kVA
and solid 5.5 ft long sec sparks.

Use the largest possible sec coil dia you can to provide optimum output as
the inductance of sec coil goes up as square of the radius.
A 10" dia coilform or 12" dia coilform will provide much more output than a
6" coilform.

Select cap value to work with a 10-15 turn primary for good surge impedance
match.

Make liberal use of JAVATC --- excellent and very accurate program ---
available online.

Something to think about as you design.

Dr. Resonance