Re: [TCML] Choosing a Cap Size

Hey DC...

what are you using for 16" forms?? Im in the market for a new secondary form and seem to be having a bit if trouble location anything larger than 12" with lengths of more than 48".

Scot D

DC Cox wrote:

If you have not yet wound the coil, use the largest dia you can.  With my
0.1 caps I always use 16" dia sec.  Sometimes up to 24" dia for even better
output.
The 16" dia also works very well with a .06 uF cap.

Large inductance is the key and the inductance of a resonant transformer
goes up as the square of the radius of the sec coil.

Dr. Resonance