Da: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] Per conto
di futuret@xxxxxxx
Inviato: martedì 28 ottobre 2008 23.34
A: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: [TCML] First light, small VTTC

Vladi,

There are so many factors to consider.  Some tubes need more feedback
than others.  My experiment was to test the idea of using a high
position for the grid coil  which  some folks have found helpful.  So
far in tests with this small coil I didn't see any advantage but of
course this coil still needs more optimizing in general.

I used 19.7 turns on the primary I think, and the coil height is about
2" of 16awg wire.  The secondary is 2.5" x 8.875" wound with 28awg wire
for about 620 turns or so.  No toroid. The grid coil and primary are
both 4.75" dia.  The grid coil uses 20 turns of 24awg magnet wire tapped
at 12 turns. MOT is a small 2000V unit with level shifter.  Filament
transformer is 6.3V output, so I use a 50 ohm dropping resistor on the
120V input to drop the output to 5V for the 4-125A vacuum tube. The RF
bypass cap is 0.001uF at 5kV mica, the grid leak cap and filament bypass
cap are both 0.001uF at 2.5kV. No staccato.

John