Re: [TCML] Allanson GFI question

I think that the third wire might be the center tap/ground. Try putting an ohm meter across one HV lead and the 3rd wire, then the other HV lead and the third wire, if it conducts it is probably the ground. At least this has been my experience with extra wires like that. I have always connected them to the house ground via the third prong of the outlet.

Jay H"

	Note that the resistance of each half of the windings will probably be of the order of 2000 ohms or a bit more so use  an appropriate ohmmeter scale.

Ed